Thursday, February 21, 2013

Young Eagles

Okay, so technically Bubby isn't homeschooled, but I'm still very proud of his accomplishments and would be remiss if I didn't include his achievements, as well.  When we moved to our current state, I learned that the local airport offered free monthly classes that cover a variety of flight-related topics.  For each of these classes attended, Bubby receives a stipend toward the cost of a training flight.  Bubby has done his first flight, which Tater Tot and I accompanied him on, and his solo (with instructor) flight, thus far.  The end result is that he could feasibly be flying a plane by himself in a couple short years!  It's very exciting for him, though his real flight interest lies in helicopters.
















 

There's our house!










 


3 comments:

  1. I don't blame him. Helicopters are a marvel of human engineering. I still stare at them slack jawed when they pass my window at work. Of course if they are passing my window that means they have a patient on board...but still, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!! I am kind of over helicopters but being so close to the back side of base I see them every day.....I mean every day....but I would rather fly than ride in a helicopter, the only time I ever did scared me half to death..

    ReplyDelete